The netVision20 consortium, led by the Education Service Center, Region 20 (ESC-20) Executive Committee, collaborates with partners to fulfill a vision of data, video and voice networking by connecting partners through high-speed access to products and services at the most cost effective price. In accordance with the Long Range Plan for Technology (LRPT), services are in place in the consortium to meet the four areas of the STaR Chart.
- Teaching and Learning
- Educator Preparation and Development
- Leadership, Administration and Instructional Support
See the brochure.
Benefits of netVision20 membership include:
WITH netVision20 MEMBERSHIP and CONTRACTED VIDEO SERVICES:
WITH netVision20 MEMBERSHIP ONLY:
- Connectivity, scheduling, equipment support and maintenance of the netVision20 infrastructure.
- netVision20 newsletters including technology news, calendars, satellite, virtual field trip and videoconferencing information.
- Provision of a Dell Certified Systems Expert (DCSE) to provide Dell warranty support for any Dell workstation server or laptop according to Dell warranty support timelines.
- Provision of an AppleCare Service Technician to provide warranty support for any Apple computers according to Apple warranty support timelines.
- E-mail alerts of security issues as they arise for district corrective action.
- E-mail alerts of funding opportunities.
- Maintenance of the Multipoint Control Unit (MCU) and VC Wizard scheduling software.
- Participation in consortium grant applications.
- Participation in Infrastructure and Technical Training Workgroups to guide the netVision20 direction.
- Participation in Technology Director's luncheon meetings quarterly.
- Participation in four (4) Critical Issues luncheon meetings.
- 22% Discount on Fortinet products.
- Participation in an Infrastructure and Technical Assistance BLOG.
- Provision of loaner videoconferencing equipment for a period not to exceed 30 days in the event of a site equipment failure (based on availability).
- Research of new technologies for possible incorporation into the existing infrastructure.
- Assistance in the review and selection of technical staff.
- Voting membership on the Executive Committee.
- Products and services at discounted rates.
- Microsoft software for home users.
Become a Member
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why should my district and/or school become a member?
Members benefit by joining together to leverage cost and receive deep discounts based on numbers the partners bring to the table. Participation in grants provide opportunities for all members. netVision20 includes items districts need to meet state requirements. Products and services are aligned with the STaR chart requirements. Examples of products that meet required needs include dual credit courses, professional development for paraprofessionals and technology applications credit coursework for high school students.
Please log in to ESC-20's Online Commitment System for pricing information.
Component Director, Infrastructure and Network Services
harriett.jackson @ esc20.net
Phone: (210) 370-5713